For institutions that are not registered with a federation included in EduGAIN, this technical solution is possible if the following prerequisites are met
The institution must provide the Compilatio technical team via the address firstname.lastname@example.org the following 3 configuration files:
Compilatio can send the 3 generic files customized for the institution's IdP but the configuration must be done by the institution.
The implementation cannot be done without the reception of these 3 personalized files by the establishment.
The IDP must be compatible with Shibboleth SP v3.
|Types of authorized users
|Teachers, institutional staff, doctoral students
|Customization possible ?
|Yes, this is the main characteristic of this authentication
Steps to implement authentication
- Fill in the 3 requested configuration files (provided or not, in a way that is
by the Compilatio support team.
- Answer any additional questions
- Receive confirmation from Compilatio that the authentication is effective
Find out about other external authentication systems:
- External authentication with Shibboleth federated RENATER / EduGAIN
- External authentication CAS (Central Authentication Service)
- External authentication LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- External authentication with Microsoft Azure