Compilatio's AI Content Detector helps you identify distinction between content written by a human and text generated by ChatGPT, Bard or other artificial intelligence tools.
Indicators visible in the Magister analysis report
Today, access to the Compilatio AI detector is via the offer Magister+ which provides a combined suspicious text detection report.
Several indicators are used to facilitate correction a document and ensure its authenticity :
- An overall percentage of suspect texts made up of identified similarities, writing score per AI and areas with attempted alteration of text.
- Details of the overall percentage of suspect texts :
- similarity score (potential plagiarism),
- AI ghostwriting score (potential ghostwriting),
- "Language not recognised" score (potential attempt to alter the text).
- Origin of detected sourcesAI-generated content, web sources, your own documents already analyzed, documents from a user at your facility or a partner facility.
- View passages directly in the document.
What visual proof is there that AI can be used to generate text?
For similarity detection, Compiatio Magister+ software emphasizes proof of similarity thanks to the face-to-face view, the software cannot provide visual evidence of AI-generated passages.
Without visual proof, how can we compare the author who generated his texts with an AI?
IA Compilatio's text detector is not an assertion, but a statement of fact.highlighting suspect areas of text. It is then up to the corrector to define the procedure for check writers' knowledge of the passages highlighted by the detector via, for example, oral quizzes, additional questions in a controlled face-to-face environment...
💡 Let's compare the AI detector to a sniffer dog used by dog-handlers 🦮
Dog handlers use sniffer dogs to detect illegal substances in bags, for example. As soon as a dog points out a suspicious piece of luggage to its handler, the latter will open the bag in accordance with the opening protocol in force, and then carry out further investigations to confirm that it does indeed contain illegal substances. In particular, the owner of the bag will be questioned.
Based on this image, the Compilatio AI detector plays the role of the dog, and the document proofreader the role of the agent.The software warns of suspicious areas of text, but it's up to the proofreader to confirm the suspicion.. To do this, he will rely on the regulatory framework established by his establishment for this type of situation, and interview the author of the document in person. This confrontation will validate or invalidate the authenticity of the text.
This article has been translated automatically. If you have any suggestions for improvement, contact us.