CAS authentication directly queries the institution's CAS server to authenticate users.
The attributes of the people are read by Compilatio and an access filter is set up according to the retrieved attributes and the rules in place between the institution and the Compilatio technical support.
|Types of authorized users
|Teachers, institutional staff, doctoral students
|Customization possible ?
The institution must communicate to Compilatio, the coordinates of its CAS server, and allow Compilatio servers to communicate with him.
The institution must allow Compilatio access to all attributes requested by Compilatio.
In order to authenticate a user, the institution must communicate the name of the user account attributes containing the following information
- name (ex: displayName)
- first name (ex: sn)
- email (ex: mail)
- account type (e.g. eduPersonAffiliation)
The institution must also indicate the access rules (filters) for user accounts.
The institution must specify the types of accounts (values for the "account type" attribute) allowed to access Compilatio.
Steps to implement authentication
- Complete the information sheet provided by the Compilatio team
- Answer any additional questions
- Receive confirmation from Compilatio that the authentication is effective
Find out about other external authentication systems:
- External authentication with Shibboleth federated RENATER / EduGAIN
- External authentication with unfederated Shibboleth
- External authentication LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- External authentication with Microsoft Azure