Compilatio enables institutions to integrate prevention and plagiarism detection directly in their Moodle platform.
- Institutional subscription to Compilatio Magister enables teachers to detect monolingual similarities, altered texts and texts with slight reformulations.
- Institutional subscription to Compilatio Magister+ also allows to detect potential AI-generated texts, translated similarities (multilingual similarities) and deep reformulations.
Reminder: when a school has a Compilatio Magister or Magister+ subscription with Moodle integration, users can access the service by two different ways: either via the Compilatio online interface (login via SSO or password), or via the Moodle platform.
|Since February 2024, Compilatio has been offering a new version of its Moodle plugin: version 3. It facilitates management for individual users.
Why Compilatio v3 for Moodle? What updates?
The big change: management by user
Benefits for users
- Users can now retrieve documents and analyses from the Moodle platform in their Compilatio Magister or Magister+ online account. In this way, each user retains his or her personal storage and organizational cues in both Moodle and Compilatio.
In concrete terms, for each assignment created in Moodle, a new folder is created in the teacher's Compilatio Magister or Magister+ account. These folders are visible, in read-only mode, from these Compilatio interfaces. This means that from the Compilatio interfaces, the user :
- can consult each file with analysis documents and reports;
- can index and de-index documents loaded into Moodle from both Moodle and the Compilatio online interface.
- cannot launch actions from the Compilatio interface: for example, deleting a document or folder created in Moodle can only be done in Moodle.
Specific use case: if several teachers are assigned to the same Moodle assignment, or if the assignment has been created by an administrator or department, then the folder for this assignment is created in the Compilatio account of the user who created the assignment in Moodle.
- Thanks to better organization of documents by users, potential easier exchanges with Compilatio technical support. Folder filing makes it easier to find specific documents.
Better monitoring of usage for institutions
Thanks to this separate user organization, the Compilatio referents of the institution (account managers) can carry better monitoring of usage.
- There is no longer a "single global user" corresponding to the school's Moodle platform, where all statistics are grouped together. These will be distributed among the various teacher-users.
- For each teacher using the Compilatio plugin in Moodle, a Compilatio Magister or Magister+ account is created (if non-existent) or linked (if existing). The link between the Moodle user and the Compilatio user is made via the email address used in Moodle. You will then see an increase in your user accounts.
→ After updating, you will be able to access the real number of active users as well as analysis source statistics to find out whether users launch anti-plagiarism analyses via their Moodle account or via their Compilatio Magister or Magister+ account.
Note: for the time being, this distinction between LMS and Compilatio interface is made via CSV export of statistics.
How can I benefit from the Compilatio v3 plugin for Moodle?
- If you have a Compilatio Magister or Compilatio Magister+ subscription with Moodle integration, the Compilatio contact at your facility has received an email with instructions on how to proceed to update your plugin. Can't find the email? Contact email@example.com to help you in this transition.
From your Moodle administration interface, simply update the Compilatio plugin to version 3.x. The update will then take place automatically.
- If you have a Compilatio Magister or Magister+ subscription and would like to add its integration to Moodle, fill in the form at the bottom of this page :
An advisor will contact you shortly.
- If you don't yet have a Compilatio Magister or Magister+ subscription and are interested in integrating it with Moodle, fill in the form at the bottom of this page :
An advisor will contact you shortly.
Resources for installation assistance Compilatio Magister or Magister+ in Moodle for account managers
Resources to help teachers use Compilatio Magister or Magister via Moodle
- Compilatio in Moodle" training module
For a request, please contact us using the form at the bottom of this page: https://www.compilatio.net/en/training
To view the version history of the Compilatio plugin for Moodle:
This article has been translated by automatic software. If you have any comments or questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org